Corporate history

1950   

Coutinho Eisenhandel GmbH, Düsseldorf is founded. It is a subsidiary of Coutinho, Caro & Co., Hamburg.

1953  

The warehouse in Mülheim an der Ruhr is built.

1971  

Halls 1 - 3 of the northern warehouse are built away from the former company premises (southern warehouse).

1983

Hall 4 of the northern warehouse is completed.

1987

The company is rebranded Ancofer Stahlhandel GmbH (AN=Andreas, CO=Coutinho, FER=Ferrum).

1988

The Usinor Sacilor Group acquires a majority shares of Ancofer.

1989

Ancofer acquires all shares of Friedrich W. Markmann GmbH. The flamecutting operations are installed in both of Markmann's halls.

1990

Halls 5 and 6 of the nothern warehouse and the office building are completed. The company moves to the Rheinstrasse.

1997

The public limited company of Dillinger Hüttenwerke acquires 90 % of Ancofer's shares from various companies of the Usinor Group.

2000

Two new bays are built for flamecutting operations.

2011

The Bremen sales office is opened.

2014/15

The hollow sections are moved to a separate warehouse in the Port of Duisburg.

2017A new warehouse for plates is set up in Regensburg.
2017Warehouse 4 is statically reinforned and equipped with a new indoor crane and a 25-tons unloading crane. The crane track on the dock is extended so that ships with up to 3,000 tons cargo capacity dan be unloaded.
2017The public limited company of Dillinger Hüttenwerke acquires the last 10% of shares and now holds a 100% share of Ancofer.